BOURBON CITRUS GLAZED HAM
- 7-8 LB BEELER’S
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground clove
- 1/2 c. bourbon
- 1 c. orange marmalade
- 1/2 c. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- GLAZE: Combine bourbon, orange marmalade, maple syrup, butter, cinnamon and clove in small sauce pan. Cook slowly over medium/low heat approximately 15-20 minutes until it reaches a thick, syrupy consistency. Set to side.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Put Beeler’s Ham in broiling pan with about 1 inch of water and wrap pan tightly with foil.
- Bake for about 1 hour. Remove foil and spoon liberal amount of glaze over top and sides of ham and continue to bake uncovered, retaining foil.
- Remove ham from oven every 15 minutes and baste with remaining glaze and ham drippings accumulated in bottom of pan. Continue to do this until all glaze is used and ham reaches internal temp of 140-150°.
- Remove ham from oven and baste with drippings one last time.
- Recover with foil and allow to rest 45 minutes out of oven before serving.
- When serving ham, mix all drippings from bottom of broiling pan well with spoon until well incorporated and serve on side.