Try this easy home recipe for your next warm evening meal. This one can be prepped and in the crock pot in less than 15 minutes and have meals for days to come.
Pressure Cooked Brisket
1 pork brisket, cut into 5-6 pieces
3 cloves of garlic, smashed
1 red onion, large dice
2 ribs of celery, large dice
3 carrots, large dice
2 purple sweet potato, large dice or potatoes of your choice
3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 cups red wine
1/2 cups orange juice
3 cups water
1 tablespoon beef bouillon
7 juniper berries
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper
oil for searing, avocado works nicely
cold butter for finishing sauce
fresh herbs, chopped for finishing the dish
- Season cut brisket pieces liberally with salt and pepper. In a heavy gauged searing pan, add seasoned brisket pieces and sear on all sides or until caramel brown in color. Reserve.
- Heat crock pot to slow cook setting for 4 hours.
- Add brisket first to crock pot and then add all other ingredients.
- Seal crock pot and cook this for 4 hours.
- When the 4 hours are complete, open crock pot top and remove the meat first. Next separate the vegetables from the liquid. Add the liquid into a sauce pot with half the onion, celery and carrot pieces that were reserved.
- Reduce liquid until it coats the back of a spoon. Next add cold butter pats and swirl around to emulsify. Now it is time to add the brisket back into the sauce and finish with chopped fresh herbs. I like rosemary or chives.
- Serve heated brisket pieces over buttery mashed potatoes or simply with the braised vegetables.