Take your potato salad to the next level with this inspired recipe.
WARM SPINACH & SWEET POTATO SALAD
- 8 strips Bacon
- 3 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 6oz. fresh baby spinach
- 1 tsp spicy brown mustard
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbps apple cider vinegar
- Preheat over to 400F.
- Toss the diced sweet potatoes with the coconut oil and spread evenly on a baking sheet. Bake in your preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are baking, cook the diced bacon in a large skillet.
- Once the bacon is crispy, add the sliced leeks in with the bacon and sauté for another 4-5 minutes.
- Put your spinach in a large salad bowl and add the bacon and leek mixture. Toss well, letting the warm bacon wilt the spinach.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the salad and toss together.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the salad dressing ingredients. Pour over salad, mix well.