BRAISED KOREAN PORK TACOS
4 hours 10 mins
- 3-4 LB BEELER’S BONE IN PORK BUTT
- 1 white onion, cut in thick slices
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed with the side of your knife
- Radishes (thinly sliced for topping)
- Cilantro (chopped for topping)
- Scallions (sliced for topping)
- Sesame seeds (for topping)
- Limes (for topping)
- 1 c. gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- Korean BBQ sauce (store bought or homemade)
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. bacon fat (from your Beeler’s bacon at breakfast of course!)
- 3 c. pork or beef broth
- Flour tortillas
- Bring pork butt to room temp and preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat bacon fat in a large, heavy bottom pan.
- Season pork generously and sear on all sides, when browned, remove to a large bowl.
- Add onion and garlic to pan and deglaze with beef or pork stock.
- Return pork to braising pan. Broth should cover up ½ to ¾ of the pork butt
- Cover and place in oven. Braise for about 4 hours or until falling apart.
- Remove from pan and place on large cutting board. Using tongs and a knife, shred and chop the pork, removing any excess fat.
- Heat Korean BBQ sauce over low flame and add just enough to moisten and coat the pork.
- Serve over warmed tortillas with rough chopped cilantro, thin sliced radishes, sliced scallions, lime wedges and sesame seeds.