Chorizo Braised Pork Cheeks
- 2 lbs Chorizo
- 1 quart (4 cups) yellow onion
- 5 lbs Beeler’s pork cheeks, trimmed
- 1 quart (4 cups) fire roasted tomatoes
- Stock, as needed
- Cotija cheese and scallions, as needed for garnish
- 1 package corn chips
- In a large rondeaux pan, sweat the onions.
- Add in the chorizo and break apart the chorizo, stir until cooked through.
- Add in the tomatoes then reserve for later use.
- Season the pork cheeks with salt and pepper, sear in a rondeaux until both sides are golden brown.
- Transfer to a hotel pan, and cover with the chorizo mixture.
- Cover the cheeks and chorizo with stock, then wrap in foil.
- Place in the oven at 275° for 3 hours until tender.
- To serve, place loose chorizo over Fritos and one large pork cheek. Garnish with cheese and chopped scallions.