PORK LOIN PICCATA
- 2 LB BEELER’S NGMO HALF BONELESS LOIN
- 2 lemons
- 5 tbsp non-pareil capers
- 1 handful fresh Italian parsley (stems removed and chopped)
- 1 c. all purpose flour
- 6 tbsp butter
- 1 c. chicken broth
- 1 c. white wine
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Slice pork loin into .25 inch slices and pound out thinly using a meat mallet or the edge of a heavy bottomed saute pan.
- Season pounded pork loin with salt and pepper then dredge in flour, individually shaking off any excess.
- In a large saute’ pan heat the olive oil and 3 tablespoons butter over medium/high heat.
- Cook the pork for roughly 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown in small batches so not to overcrowd the pan. Remove pork when cooked and set to side.
- Add the white wine, chicken stock and capers to pan then deglaze using a spoon to scrape up all the good bits from bottom reducing liquid by half.
- Cut lemons in half squeezing juice in pan, incorporate into existing sauce, then add pork and it’s juices back to pan as well.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes to reheat pork cutlets then remove and place in deep sided serving dish.
- Add the remaining butter, chopped parsley and salt and pepper to sauce adjusting flavor to your taste.
- Pour sauce over pork cutlets and serve along your favorite buttered pasta, polenta, mashed potatoes or vegetables.